Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Cherry Valley CA

I just finished spending a week with my family in CA. It was a lot of fun, and included another family dinner. Don't misinterpret, I have really loved all the family dinners this month and I guess last month too. I can't think of anything better than family, they love you no matter what and always find ways to cheer you up.
Best parts of this visit:
  • Grams and Mom being there when we arrived, like our own private welcome committee. I really felt like a part of the family, and I think Bev does too. :)
  • Playing games with Joshua, although I really hope he is feeling better now.
  • Meeting a friend of Bevs', Ben.
  • Then making a new friend, Diana.
  • Going to a late late movie, and being unable to finish a whole popcorn by myself (at least that night, I totally saved it and eat it all later. $8 popcorn need I say more)
  • Meeting and visiting with cousins.
  • Watching the Lakers loss, and better still win big.
  • Climbing Rocks at Joshua Tree, I got pretty high.
So now we are on the road again, off to the redwoods... and having a little trouble finding camp sites.
We have seen so many Campgrounds Full signs today, we finally had to give up and get a hotel in Santa Cruz.

Road Trip Knowledge:
Be prepared to get a hotel, ever night if need be... and the need might just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment