Monday, June 28, 2010

Mt Rush

There is really not to much to see, and the $10 parking fee is not worth it. They have built up the visitor area to the point where the Mt. no longer looks spectacular. In fact the heads seem much smaller, but this could also be a result of my having grown since last I saw them. I remember a path that sort of went around the base of the mountain, but it was no longer there. It is one big viewing terrace. Which is beautiful, I can give them that much, but really takes away from the Mt itself.

We kept driving, and dropped by Crazy Horse, Which cost $10 a person. Kept Driving...

The Badlands were so beautiful at sunset... and we kept driving...

In fact Driving was what we did the rest of the trip.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember a path at Rushmore... I remember it being pretty lame, with a big viewing terrace and a few of those big binocular things, and a gift shop of course.

    I remember we stopped at Devil's Tower and there was a path there?

    Did you take any pictures during this mad drive home? Glad you are back safe and can't wait to see you again in less than a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I must have been imagining the path or mixing it up... the terrace was bigger and yes there are pictures, but I have to get a computer first

    ReplyDelete